"When you're in the sea, you can only hear your breathing at first, and then, little by little, that sound slowly melts into the water. And eventually, you can't tell between your body and the sea itself. At that time, I would realize...all is born from the sea."-Hikari to Futaba
Hikari possesses chin-length green hair and vibrant yellow eyes. She stands below average at a height of 148cm as a 15 year old girl. Hikari was shown to be athletic as she was able to jump from some great height and survive, she is also seen to love diving.
Like most Kozue Amano main characters, Hikari is optimistic and is mostly never seen depressed. If she were, she'd recover very soon. She has a liking to giving people 'cute' nicknames such as Dotty, and Cha. When she's complimented or thanked, she can become quite flustered sometimes. She's not afraid to tell the truth, even if it gets her in trouble, such as the time when she had to tell the truth about intruding into the Diving room. She's also the type to start thinking negatively after thinking about a subject for too long. Sometimes depicted as hyper-active, Hikari carries around a diver's whistle and also changes the negative with her most heard phrase 'Let's A GO!'.
-Kino Kohinata (Grandma)
-Hikari's grandpa (Grandpa)
-Unnamed brother (Brother)
-Kodama Kohinata (Sister)
- Hikari's name means 'Light'.
- She loves stars
- Hikari owns pink panties with a chocolate strawberry design
- She is afraid of bugs
- She is one of the only human characters who goes by a nickname; the other being Futaba (Dotty)
- Hikari is good at waking up in the morning
- The whistle Hikari wears is a gift from her grandmother, who used it as a protective charm
- Pikari is Hikari's nickname